Saturday 12 April 2014

The Awe Inspiring Wonder of Trees

About 1/2 hours drive from where I live is a lovely little wood. I went there with a friend for a walk a couple of weeks ago. It was extremely calming and inspiring at the same time.
 I was amaaaaazed at the bark of this tree and have tried to copy it in knitting, I havent got there yet but will let you see it when I do
 Isn't nature wonderful

 wow
 'Think of the muscles 
a tall tree grows
in it's leg,in its foot,
in its wide-spread toes - 
not to tip over
and fall on its nose
when a wild wind hustles
and tussles and blows.----
Aileen Fisher





 These roots reminded me of friendships, that if they are deeply rooted they will stand the test of time and will become stronger because of tests. Where there are many trees, their roots become intertwined and so together stand stronger than if they are on their own.

 In Bible times 'massive' trees especially Cedar were likened to vigor
Oak trees were/are renowned for their sturdiness and strength

 a few snow drops in the distance
even though the weather was not so favourable, being near nature is always wonderful

No comments: